WHAT WE DO
The following are some of the areas of work we cover:
- Processing of all types of planning applications, delivering quality outcomes with awareness to the needs for meeting government targets and corporate objectives; and
- A comprehensive approach to progressing major applications, including through pre-application, application and approval of conditions phases and the project management of planning performance agreements through to delivery.
- Dealing with all types of appeals, including representing the Council at informal hearings and appearing as expert witness at public inquiries as well as preparing statements for written representation appeals.
- Providing specialist skills in enforcement including case resolution, issuing of notices, direct action, other innovative solutions and cost recovery; and
- Undertaking investigations of enforcement complaints and queries.
- Providing support for progressing Local Plans and other policy documents; and
- Specialist Programme Officer services.
- Consultancy and business process re-engineering, to maximise the efficiency benefits of computer systems and software and to improve efficiencies;
- Audit of existing processes and recommendations for software development and efficiencies;
- Review of standard conditions and associated processes.
- Providing additional capacity for customer services and planning administration services.
- Training in a range of development management and planning topics.